Take a look at our list of useful and free to access podcasts and webinars on safeguarding, health and social care. They come from well-known organisations such as The King’s Fund, Think Local Act Personal (TLAP), Ann Craft Trust, NSPCC and the Social Care Institute for Care Excellence (SCIE).
Please note that these podcasts are NOT a substitute for professional diagnosis or treatment. You will need to refer to a health or social care professional for this.
Other podcasts are available via mainstream platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Audible (subscriptions may apply).
- Alliance Scotland (external link) - Short form podcasts with guests from across health and social care discussing innovation, good practice and emerging policy in Scotland
- Ann Craft Trust: Predatory Marriage – Safeguarding Matters (external link)
- Ann Craft Trust: Safeguarding Matters (external link) - In each episode the host talks to a special guest to chat about an aspect of safeguarding
- BBC Podcast: In Sickness and in Social Care (external link) - How can health and social care work closer together to keep the increasing number of elderly as well as possible? Dr Kevin Fong meets the people with new ideas and approaches
- Counselor Toolbox (external link) - Tips, tools and tricks to help people achieve their highest quality of life, covering topics that will help people better deal with addictions, mood disorders and understand the interaction between mood, physical health and addiction
- Helpful Social Work (external link) - Helping social workers learn, think and act with integrity so that people who need social work get help that will transform their lives. Each month a different social work topic is discussed
- Independent Living (external link) - A range of podcasts relating to health and social care
- National Elf Service (external link) - Featuring interviews with leading health and social care experts: researchers, clinicians, practitioners and experts by experience
- NHS Kind to Your Mind Podcasts (external link) - Listen to a range of useful conversations with top tips and practical advice to help you through
- Podsocs (external link) - The podcast for social workers on the run, bringing listeners up-to-the-minute research, diverse and sometimes controversial perspectives on social phenomena; focusing on knowledge and skills and often including expert interviews with cutting-edge information from leaders in the field
- SCIE: Care to listen (external link) - Hear first-hand experiences of what it is like to live and work in the care system
- Shelter : Challenging Podcast Series (external link)
- Social Work Discoveries (external link) - Highlighting social work research projects past, current and future, sharing exciting, innovative, evidence-informed projects that social work researchers have developed and implemented
- TLAP podcasts (external link) - A series of podcast recordings to support health and social care transformation with expert speakers thinking differently about social care
- The Open University podcasts (external link) - A series of health and social care related podcasts
- The Social Work Podcast (external link) - Provides information on all things social work, including direct practice (both clinical and community organising), research, policy, education and everything in between
- The King's Fund podcast (external link) - A podcast about big ideas in health and care. Hear from experts from The King’s Fund and beyond talk about the NHS, social care, and all things health policy and leadership
- The Mental Illness Happy Hour (external link) - A weekly online podcast that interviews comedians, artists, friends, and the occasional doctor. Each episode explores mental illness, trauma, addiction and negative thinking. The show is geared towards anyone interested in or affected by depression, addiction and other mental challenges which are so prevalent in the creative arts
- The Social World Podcast (external link) - Host David Niven has over 30 years national and international experience in the field of social welfare. The podcast discusses all aspects of the social world including media management, social care, child abuse, children’s services, safeguarding children, vulnerable adults and children, judicial systems, social networking, the influence of the media, and training social workers
- SCIE on Soundcloud: Listen to a variety of social care, safeguarding and health related podcasts from the Social Care Institute for Excellence (external link)
- Learn on the go: the Community Care podcast (external link) - Discussing the latest research, theories and practice issues, and what they mean for social workers.
Safeguarding adults training webinar series (external link) - A series of six webinars from the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) designed for anyone working in or recently joining the health, social care or voluntary workforce. Specific aspects of the safeguarding process will be covered.
Skills for Care COVID19 webinar series (external link) - a series of webinars on a range of topics to support managers and their service during the COVID-19 pandemic.